If we have too little stress in our life we may be under-stressed – feeling unchallenged, unmotivated, tired apathetic or even depressed, or we may find it hard to get going. If we are overstressed we may feel tired, anxious, and irritable and then we find it harder to relax. Either way we cannot deal with life as effectively or appropriately when we are relaxed and in balance. The natural rhythm is to have constant movement between tension and relaxation.
When we are constantly on the go our stress reaction known as fight or flight gets stuck in the on position, our bodies become flooded with adrenaline – our bodies get stuck in red alert. This then causes problems in our everyday life (i.e. getting stuck in traffic, supermarket checkout queues etc.) A constant state of tension then develops and physical symptoms start to appear (stiff neck, clenched teeth, tooth grinding in our sleep, headaches, stiffness etc.)
When demands (either physical or emotional) exceed our resources our systems gear up to deal with the challenge. This is when overstress can occur and tip us into “distress”, we can become exhausted and burnt out. Once this state has been reached we need a lot of rest to recover.
Rest is something that our modern lifestyle does not seem to afford us, so we need to learn our own early warning signs to help take precautions from burn out and distress early. Ideally I recommend working with a professional practitioner, so you can have a wellbeing program designed for your individual needs (covering natural treatments, meditation and diet and nutrition). Here are a few quick tips to help you with stress.
- Find your happy thought – go there every day – it may take a while the first few times you try it but it does get easier and your body will learn to relax with this if practiced.
- Eat a healthy diet –cut out sugar, caffeine, and chocolate and try to avoid alcohol. Eat whole foods, whole grains. Take time to enjoy preparing meals and eating. Sit down to eat.
- If you think you are sensitive to a food cut it out for a while and see if there is a difference in how you are feeling and coping.
- Snack if needed but on fruit, nuts, seeds and vegetables sticks.
- Know your limits in life and stop – give yourself boundaries to work to.
- Respect yourself and others will respect you more for it.
- Be creative – do something new because you feel like it – even if it is just making origami water bombs for the children/ grandchildren
- Have a laugh – it is so good for the immune system.
- Be true to who you are and find your motivational self.
- Vitali-Chi Products for you to consider:- Stress Buster, Personal Power, Super calm, Super Pick Me Up, Traum-eze.
- For more specific stress – consider Grieve-with-eze for grief, Oxy-Cells to help alkalise the body, Sleep-ezy to restore sleep patterns, Meditation to help you meditate and self-love – to help you love who you are.
- Use our Aromadiffuser in your home with our beautiful fragrant Aromafrequencies (essential oils blended with vibrational medicine) to help you unwind and relax.
- Join a Vitali-Chi More Than Meditation Class for weekly relaxation and distressing (or arrange a FREE trial for your school or workplace for up to ten members).
- Book a Vitali-Chi treatment, to help you explore and deal with the underlying causes of your stress and help support you bring about the changes you need to find harmony in your life.
If you would like details of any of the products (free P and P on your first web order code available upon request), or would like to book an appointment, please do you the contact form. I look forward to hearing from you.